Sunday, November 4, 2012

Thanksgiving Prayer [Woodworker's Tool Transfer]

Supplies, also include MiniWax stain and Wipe On Poly
I have another woodworker's transfer tutorial here
Sorry for the fuzzy picture! I found these wooden cutouts at Joann's. They came eight to a pack for $1. The keys are at Michael's for $1.50 each.  
Remember to reverse your text and print on a toner based copier or laser printer.
I heat the tool for 8 minutes; it's HOT! I iron the paper face down. You can peek if you don't move the paper a lot. The toner sticks to the wood as it is "ironed"; that means it has transferred. 
I stained the wood with a Minwax stain and used their Wipe On Poly to top coat. It worked great!
I plan to use these at each person's place for Thanksgiving dinner.

Linking to:

http://topthistopthat.blogspot.com/

15 comments:

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

What a great, and pretty idea! I'm sure your guests will love them! :)

NanaDiana said...

What a cute idea- Those are a real treasure! xoDiana

Suzy said...

These are adorable, Betsy. They don't look difficult to do. I can think of lots of ways to use the wooden tags - they're perfect to use for place cards. Thank you for linking up to the Better Late Than Never Thanksgiving bloghop.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Hey Betsy...great project...you are really becoming an expert with that heat transfer tool!!...Someone gave me a bag of old keys...this is such a great idea!!...Again, so glad to have seen you again...next time, we need a longer visit!!!

Anne Boykin said...

Hi Betsy, These are sweet! Thanks for showing us how to make our own.

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you!I appreciate your time and kind comments! Have a blessed week!

thistlewoodfarm said...

Oh! I love this! I saw this over at the party and I didn't know it was you! What a blessing.

Have a wonderful day!
karianne

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

These are so cute, Betsy, and such a great idea for place cards!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Really cute and creative :)

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you! I appreciate your kind thoughts! Your comments just made my day!

Atta Girl Amy said...

What a clever idea. I never knew you could transfer to wood this way.

I happen to have some wooden tags and a heat tool. Going to have to try something like this. Let's hope I don't burn myself or anyone else.

Thanks for linking up to the Better Late Than Never Thanksgiving Inspirations party.

Atta Girl Amy
www.attagirlsays.com

Laura from Top This Top That said...

Betsy, this is such a clever idea for the each place setting! thanks for sharing at the Better Late Than Never party.

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you for hosting and the opportunity to link! I have seen so many wonderful ideas at your great party! Thanks for stopping by today!

Debbiedoo's said...

Ahhh..that is so clever and cute Betsy. Thanks for sharing with the party.

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thanks, Debbie! it'a always a pleasure to link! I see so many wonderful ideas! Thanks for hosting!