Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Re-purposed Bunk Bed Ladder

I have been looking for a vintage ladder, but was unwilling to pay the $100+ price I was seeing.  While shopping at a Habitat Restore I found this oak bunk bed ladder. It's just the right size. 
I cut the ladder off at the arrow; that removed the bunk bed grooves. I repaired, painted, distressed and top coated it. 
I painted it in Annie Sloan's Coco chalk paint because I wanted it to blend with the rope design in the wallpaper. 
Light distressing
It's a great extra towel holder in one of our guest baths.
Thanks for your time today!

Linking to:
http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/

10 comments:

Shabby chic Sandy said...

What a great idea! When we moved we had a bunk bed I took to Goodwill...wish I would have kept the ladder!

Gina said...

I love it! You're going to make me want to dig my kids old bunk bed ladder out of the attic! :)

NanaDiana said...

Cute, cute, cute! Great idea- xo Diana

Ellie VanCaster said...

I am your newest follower. Ellie

Ellie VanCaster said...

What a cute idea-love this!
Ellie

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thanks! I appreciate your kind comments and time! Ellie, thanks for the follow!

Teresa@oursoutherncountryhomeandfarm said...

How pretty, Betsy, and what a great idea to use a bunk bed ladder. Love the color, too! Going to try and catch up with your other post.

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

I just couldn't find a vintage ladder that was affordable! This one was the right price! Thanks for your kind comment!

Angie@slipcoveredgrey said...

Betsy! You did such an AWESOME job! The ladder turned out great and matches your wallpaper perfectly.

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you, Angie. You are so kind to stop by!