Sunday, November 11, 2012

Headboard Wall Accent

I was so excited when I found this twin headboard. I love all the curvy details!  I have seen these in stores for $150. 
I added Liquid Nails to the joints to make sure the headboard was stable. My hubby helped me cut the legs off after this.
I painted the headboard with CeCe Caldwell's Vintage White, then distressed and waxed it.
I drilled pilot holes and then added the crystal knobs to the headboard.

I also added hangers on the back of the headboard, so this can be a  hanging coat or towel holder. 
Unfortunately, I don't have a place for this so it will go to the holiday market (Woodstock Marketwith me.
Thanks for stopping by!

Linking to:
Debbie-debbiedoos.com






13 comments:

Debbiedoo's said...

Great makeover Betsy! Love the fresh color. Thanks for sharing.

Gina said...

What a great transformation...very clever! I love the glass knobs.

NanaDiana said...

That is really cute, Betsy. Love how it turned out-xo Diana

Shabby chic Sandy said...

That is so cute! I have a footboard that was handmade by my Grandfather (the headboard was ruined) and I will have to copy this idea. I love it!

Anne Boykin said...

Hi Betsy, What market are you going to? Cute project!

Cynthia said...

Very clever, I love the color and the transformation. Beautiful idea and job.

Cynthia

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you for your kind thoughts today! Anne, I cannot reply to you; it comes up a "non-reply", so I hope you see this comment. I will be at the Woodstock Market Nov 30-Dec 2 (inside). I will share a booth with Sheila, form Plum Doodles.

Ellie VanCaster said...

Love the makeover-great idea.
Ellie
PS Dang that no-reply

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

What a terrific makeover. I especially like the paint color.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

What an adorable coat rack! I have a bed almost like that that I was going to toss out. Not now! This would be perfect in a guest bedroom to hang up towels.
You are full of creativity!! This will sell fast!

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thanks for your kind comments! I appreciate your thoughtfulness in stopping by! You made my day!

Maria at inredningsvis.se said...

WOW GREAT POST:)
Your blog is so wonderful and Im following...I hope you follow me also:)

If you want some cute swedish decor inspiration...check out my blog:)

Have a great week dear

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
(sweden)

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you for stopping by, Maria! I love Swedish decor and I'm on my way to your blog! I appreciate the follow and will return it.