Sunday, November 4, 2012

Bombay Tray Makeover [Lacquer Thinner Transfer]

 I almost forgot to take a before picture of this Bombay tray. I found it at a thrift store for $5.  
After two coats of Annie Sloan's Old White- I distressed the tray on the edges and sanded the center to prep it for the Lacquer Thinner transfer. I found this graphic at The Graphics Fairy. I made a toner based copy, not ink jet of the graphic and taped it face down with Frog Tape. I used a cotton ball to add the Lacquer Thinner to the graphic. 
This is how the inside of the tray looked right after the transfer. You can see the Lacquer Thinner is still drying.



 Sorry for the shadow on tray in this photo. 
Thanks for stopping by! 

Linking to:
http://www.homemakeronadime.com

6 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Nice makeover, Betsy! I'm thinking you like this transfer method. I'm definitely going to have to give it a try.

NanaDiana said...

Betsy-That turned out great- I have never tried this method but it looks like it turned out beautifully- xo Diana

Anne said...

Betsy what a pretty transformation! LOVE that color and transfer too!
xx
Anne

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thank you! I'm loving transferring this way! It's so quick and easy! Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week!

Teresa@oursoutherncountryhomeandfarm said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this tray! I have not perfected this transfer thing yet, and I am always seeing the cutest things from graphics fairy. Great job!

Betsy@ coastal-colors said...

Thanks, Teresa! It's so quick and easy!